We, the undersigned, wishing to secure for ourselves the pleasure and benefits of an association of persons commonly interested in Amateur radio, constitute ourselves the BLACK DIAMOND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, INC., and enact this constitution as our governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members; to promote radio knowledge, fraternalism and individual operating efficiency; and to so conduct club programs and activities as to advance the general interest and welfare of Amateur Radio in the community. We shall strive to prepare ourselves to provide emergency communications service to our community, state, and nation in time of man-made or natural disaster and time of need. We shall also strive to promote and enhance local and international goodwill in the use of Amateur radio
ARTICLE I – Membership
All persons interested in Amateur Radio communication shall be eligible for membership. Membership shall be upon such terms as the club shall provide in its By-Laws.
ARTICLE II – Officers and Methods of Election
Section A – The officers of this club shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Additionally an “at large” club member will be elected by the members to serve on the Executive Committee.
Section B – The officers of this club shall be elected for a term of one year by ballot of the members present, provided there be a quorum, at the March monthly meeting.
Section C – Nominations for office will be made from the floor by the regular membership during the February monthly meeting. The election shall proceed by ballot during the March monthly meeting. A majority of votes shall constitute the election to office.
Section D – Vacancies occurring between elections must be filled by special election at the first regular meeting following the withdrawal or resignation.
Section E – Officers may be removed by a 75% vote of the membership.
ARTICLE III – Duties of Officers
Section A – The President shall preside at all meetings of this club and conduct them according to the rules adopted. He/She shall enforce due observation of this Constitution and By-Laws, decide all questions of order, sign all official documents adopted by the club, and perform all other duties pertaining to the office of president.
Section B – The Vice President shall assume all the duties of the President in the event of the removal, resignation, or death of the President. In addition, he/she shall organize club activities, plan and recommend contests for operating benefits, and advance club interest and activity as approved by the club. He/She shall maintain close liaison with the ARRL Section Emergency Coordinator to further club participation in the Amateur Radio Public Service Corps.
Section C – The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings, keep a roll of members, and mail or deliver meeting notices to each member. At the expiration of his/her term he/she shall turn over all items belonging to the club to the successor.
Section D – The Treasurer shall receive and receipt for all monies paid to the club, keep an accurate account of all monies received and expended, pay no bills without proper authorization (by the club or its officers constituting a business committee). At the end of his/her term he/she shall turn over everything in his/her possession belonging to the club, to the successor.
ARTICLE IV – Meetings
The by-laws shall provide for regular and special meetings. At the meetings, a minimum of 25% of the current membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of any business. Roberts Rules of Order shall govern all proceedings.
ARTICLE V – Dues
The club, by majority vote of those present at any regular meeting, may levy upon the general membership such dues or assessments as shall be deemed necessary for the business of the organization. Non-payment of such dues Non-payment of dues is covered under paragraph 3 of the By-Laws.
ARTICLE VI – Membership Assistance
The club, through its designated Interference, Public Relations, or Operations Committee will provide technical advice to all members or prospective members, concerning equipment design and operation, to assist in frequency observance, clean signals, uniform practice, and absence of spurious radiations from club member stations. The club shall also maintain a program to foster and guide new and prospective amateurs.
ARTICLE VII – Amendments
This constitution or the By-Laws may be amended by a 75% vote of the total membership present and voting. Proposals for amendments shall be submitted in writing at a regular meeting and shall be voted on at the next following regular meeting, provided all members have been notified of the intent to amend the Constitution and/or By-Laws.
ARTICLE VIII – Club Disbandment
The Black Diamond Amateur Radio Club, Inc. can only be disbanded by a 100% Yes Vote to Disband by 100% of the membership.
APPROVED AND ADOPTED ON THIS ________ DAY OF ____________, 19__
John D. Hymes
BLACK DIAMOND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, INC.
BY – LAWS
- Secretary – It shall be the duty of the club secretary to keep the Constitution and By-Laws of the club and have the same with him/her at every meeting. He/She shall note all amendments, changes, additions, and deletions to the Constitution and By-Laws and permit it to be consulted by members upon request. The Secretary shall also provide a copy of the club Constitution and By-Laws to every new member
- Membership –Membership is effective upon payment of dues.
- Dues – Effective April 1, 2017, annual dues of $20.00 per member will be assessed in accordance with provisions of Article V of the Constitution, for the purpose of providing funds for club expenses. Dues for each additional family member living in the same household will be $10.00. The club dues are payable in advance, but are due during the regular April monthly meeting. Dues become delinquent immediately after the close of the regular July monthly meeting. A delinquent member forfeits his/her right to vote in club matters. If the dues remain unpaid at the close of the fiscal year, the club members name will be dropped from the membership roll.
- Fiscal year – The fiscal year of the Black Diamond Amateur Radio Club shall be from April 1st to March 31st.
- Meetings – Regular meetings shall be held monthly. Time and place shall be determined by voting members at a regular meeting. Special meetings may be called by the President or upon request of five current club members. Notices shall be sent or delivered to members concerning special meetings, and the business to be transacted. Such notices shall be sent or delivered so that they arrive not less than 24 hours before the meeting.
- Privilege to Vote by Club Members – Any club member who wishes to exercise his or her right to vote must be present at the club meeting to cast his/her vote.
For a printer friendly version of this document, click here